Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

73 Posts

05-24-2008

Belgium

93 Signins

428 Page Views

• Views: 428
  • Message 1 of 1

Touchpad misbehaving on Yoga 710-14IKB

2020-03-05, 19:06 PM

I woke up my Yoga 710-14IKB this evening and the touchpad wasn't behaving right. The buttons were working, but I couldn't move the pointer, and double-taps weren't working, although a deep press on the main area of the touchpad did work like a left mouse button, as it should.

I plugged in a USB mouse and found that when I turned the scroll wheel my browser page, instead of scrolling, changed size, as if I were doing a two-finger gesture on the touchpad.

I rebooted, but that did not solve the problem.

I opened device manager and rolled back to the previous version of the driver, which appeared in the device manager now as just "PS/2 mouse", and now I could move the pointer with the touchpad, but only very slowly, and double taps still didn't work.

So I updated back to the current version of the driver and I was once again unable to use the pointer, but now the scroll wheel on the USB mouse did what it was supposed to do, and scrolled, rather than change the size of the page. Or at least it did for a while. Then I accidentally touched the touchpad with one finger and the web page I was on changed size as if I were using two fingers. And also the scroll wheel on the mouse went back to enlarging and shrinking the page. 

In other words the touchpad behaves in an inconsistent manner. I am guessing that this is a hardware problem. Am I right? And is it something that can be fixed without replacing the touchpad?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms