Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-29-2021

Canada

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 730-13IKB Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81CT wifi driver issues

2021-03-29, 1:14 AM

Hi, I purchased this laptop a couple years ago and have been running into internet connections issues on and off for the last few months. My original issue was that occasionally, my laptop would lose internet connection and I would have to wait for it to come back online (similar to restarting my router). I fixed that by rolling back the driver to an earlier version as suggested by another thread in this forum. Recently though, my internet has been very inconsistent. I'm using Discord ping as a comparison between drivers and it will randomly spike from 25ish to 500 and then 5000, and back again (before these issues, I would be at a consistent 30ish ms. I've tried updating the drivers back, using other, older drivers, etc. but none of these solutions are producing long term results. At this point I don't even know what to try, or if there are drivers that I've missed or what. If it wasn't so bad I would consider just leaving it, but when I lose connection during important Zoom calls or even while I'm just watching a Youtube video, it's very frustrating. 

Also, I know that a possibility is the internet itself, but on other computers and on my personal devices, it seems to be fine, which leads me to believe this laptop is the issue. Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Options

2282 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

249 Signins

11666 Page Views

• Views: 11666
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Yoga 730-13IKB Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81CT wifi driver issues

2021-03-29, 9:59 AM

Hi Phoenix3x,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Please have a look at this thread for possible solutions to the problem. In the event it doesn't get better, then it could be a hardware problem or hardware incompatibility problems.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms