Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

10-21-2019

India

8 Signins

277 Page Views

• Views: 277
  • Message 1 of 1

Install Linux ( Manjaro ) in Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH-PG0 and Windows Activation Backup

2019-10-22, 5:51 AM

Hello All,

Good Morning!

I have recently bought this laptop (Legion 540-15IRH-PG0) model. It spec sheet is I5-9300H, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 15" Screen, GTX 1650. It came with Windows 10 by default. I'm planning to install linux on the same. However, in case I want to return back to windows, I want all the windows should be activated (since lenovo has not provided us the license key for Windows).

• I had first logged-in into windows 10 during initial setup using microsoft account. And this device is now added in ms account under my devices. Do I need to perform any other actions to register this windows 10 version with MS. So that, if I format and clean install windows 10 again, I can just activate the same, using my MS account. (In short, who to get digital key for activation for future).
  • I'm planning to install Manjaro by removing Windows 10, as by default only 1 drive partition was created. I would like to know, how to make a backup copy of the OS or atleast it's activation key.
  • What backup should I take and how. Incase, I want to revert back to Windows 10, I would want to be able to do so, along with Activated windows and lenovo softwares.
  • How can I install Linux (Manjaro) in this model. Do I need to make any changes in the bios. (How Do I access the Bios). What is the process. How do I make sure, that I get the same functionalities like (RGB, FN Keys, BIOS Updates from lenovo, and ATMOS) while I'm on linux (using WINE).

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Legion_User_007

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms