Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-07-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Touchpad never worked in Legion 5 15ACH6H

2021-06-07, 0:15 AM

I used a BT mouse straight away on the laptop, so never notice my touchpad not working at all. I used the laptop for the first time without my mouse and nothing registers on the touchpad. No pointer shown. 

I've done most of the troubleshooting stuff; Fn buttons, On and Off in settings, Uninstalling the HID option in Device Manager and so on...but still nothing. 

Any ideas? Thanks!

Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

330 Signins

14361 Page Views

• Views: 14361
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Touchpad never worked in Legion 5 15ACH6H

2021-06-07, 11:02 AM

Hi Rstar21,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Here's some troubleshooting steps you can try in an attempt to remedy the issue:

check if the touchpad (HID) is set to automatic in services. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del. Go to Task Manager. Click the service tab far right and scroll all the way down to the bottom and click "Open Services"
Find "Human Interface Device Service" in the list and make sure the "Startup Type" is set to "Automatic (Trigger Start)"
If not then right click it, select "properties" and select "Automatic" in the "Startup Type" in the "General" Tab.

Step 1. Disabling Automatic Hardware Driver update.
- Right click the Windows Icon, select the "Search" Function.
- Type "Control Panel" and select "Small icons" or "Large Icons" in the "View By" top right.
- Click the "System Icon"
- Navigate to "Advanced System Settings" -> "Hardware"
- Click "Device Installation Settings" and Select "No"
**This will prevent Windows from interfering with your hardware drivers in future updates, but keep crucial security updates rolling.

Step 2. Updating all HID and I2C drivers.
- Press the Windows key + X and select "Device Manager"
- Expand "Human Interface Device"
- Right click "HID Compliant touch pad" / "I2C hid" and/or "Human Interface Device.
- Right click and select properties, then select the drivers tab, and then "Rollback Drivers" if available.
- Check if the touchpad comes back, if not, then continue back to the same location and continue below:
- Select "Update Drivers"
- Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
- Select "Pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
- Select the newest mouse/touch related drivers for the "HID Compliant Touch pad/Human Interface Devices" if applicable. If not, leave it be.
- Select the newest I2C related driver for any of the "I2C / I2C HID" on the list..

Step 2.1 Uninstalling the touchpad/HID device with drivers.
- Press the Windows key + X and select "Device Manager"
- Expand "Human Interface Device"
- Right click "HID-Compliant Touch pad" and/or anything that has "I2C HID", eLan or Synaptics infront of it.  I.e :  "Synaptics HID Device".
- Select "Uninstall" , If prompted to uninstall drivers associated with the device, tick the box and continue.
- Expand "Mice and other pointing devices" and do the same for  "HID-Compliant mouse"
- Perform a restart of the laptop. 

Step 3. BIOS Load Default Settings.
- Select the Start Menu, then choose Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware settings
:or:
- Press the power button to completely shut down the unit.
- Press the Novo Button - The button can be reached/clicked by an unfolded paperclip or similar.
- Choose the BIOS setup.
- If you do not have a Novo Button, then repeatedly pressing F1 of F2 or Shift + Power button (FN+F1 or F2) on startup will take you to the BIOS.
- Navigate to the EXIT tab
- Press "Load Default Settings"

- Check also for Touchpad settings in the "Configuration" tab, if present, make sure it's set to enabled.
- Save & Exit changes

Step 4. System Board Updates
Make sure you have the newest BIOS and Chipset drivers for your device:
You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page
Just plot in the serial number of the device, click the search icon and select your device, then head to Drivers & Software, select Manual Update, then select the BIOS and Chipset section
Right click the files in question and select "Run as Administrator".
**Note: Make sure the AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% battery charge when performing BIOS updates. Do not turn off the device while the BIOS update is running as this can cause serious damage to the motherboard and prevent the device from functioning properly or at all.

Step 5. Test it in Safe Mode

If none of the steps above work, then try starting Windows up in Safe mode. Windows will only load the most necessary generic drivers in this environment, and if the touchpad still doesn't work, then it's highly likely it's a hardware fault, but before we can determine that, I'd suggest performing an Factory reset of the device to be 100% sure.

Step 6. OKR(One Key Recovery) -  Factory Reset.

**This is a complete factory reset of the computer
**Loss of data can occur, so we advise you to backup your data if possible.

- Completely shut down the device.  
- Press the Novo Button :  It is the small reset hole on most devices that you need a unfolded paperclip to reach. 
- When the system boots up, a menu will appear, select System recovery and follow the recovery process.
- You can find out where it is or what reset function your device has at the support page under.

Knowledge Base & Guides -> User Guides -> And clicking the User guide(Not HTML one) in the list -> Ctrl+F to search the document for "Reset", "Novo Button/Hole" or "BIOS"

- When the system boots up, a menu will appear, select System recovery and follow the recovery process.
- When entering the Windows environment again. Perform step 1 before allowing any Windows updates.

Hope this helps

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms