Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5S / Moto G5S Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-14-2021

India

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 6

Phone password issues

2021-02-14, 10:55 AM

Hey community

I am not able to set my password though my device password is set to none but it still asking for entering the password.

I don't know which password will be accepted.

Please help me with this

Options

630 Posts

11-24-2020

India

99 Signins

9105 Page Views

• Views: 9105
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Phone password issues

2021-02-15, 9:25 AM

Hi SS_Sourabh,

Thank you for writing to us! Sorry to know about this. Let me try to help you here. Could you please confirm since when you are not able to set the password? Have you encrypted your device? So we can check and assist you further.

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

02-14-2021

India

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-02-15, 9:29 AM
Since few days back around 2-4,I just set my screen lock to none but it's asking for password and if I enter my old password which I used before setting my screen lock to none.its not accepting that. Also I have not encrypted my device
Options

630 Posts

11-24-2020

India

99 Signins

9105 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-02-16, 8:10 AM

@ SS_Sourabh wrote:

Since few days back around 2-4,I just set my screen lock to none but it' asking for password and if I enter my old password which I used before setting my screen lock to none.its not accepting that.Also I have not encrypted my device

Hi,

Thank you for confirming! I would like to know more here, can you please let me know if you are able to access the phone settings and facing problem while resetting the pattern/Pin or you are unable to unlock the phone?

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

02-14-2021

India

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-02-16, 8:17 AM
Yes , exactly I am able to go to settings but facing problem in setting up a password/pin.As when I go to set up a screen lock and click that it asks for a password though my screen lock is set to none. So I don't know which password to enter .
Options

630 Posts

11-24-2020

India

99 Signins

9105 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-02-17, 6:19 AM

Hi SS_Sourabh, 

Thank you for explaining! Can you please test your phone in Safe Mode? Safe Mode starts the device without any third-party applications being started. This will allow you to open apps individually to try and determine which app may be causing the issue.

To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up, reboot the device to get back to normal mode. Let us know what you'll find out.

Thanks

Sunitha 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)