Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

06-27-2014

USA

18 Signins

474 Page Views

• Views: 474
  • Message 1 of 14

RETRACTING MY SUPPORT for Lenovo (Repair Complaint)

2014-06-27, 3:02 AM

Based on its warranty repairs service, Lenovo offers incompetent customer service and I will make sure all those around me avoid the company in the future.

I bought my Yoga 2 13 recently, and the touchpad was defective upon opening. I could not even see the cursor flickering on the screen. After confirming that this was not a software issue and most definitely a hardware defect, I got the service request processed and shipped the laptop off via FedEx to Texas shortly. I had heard about the subpar service people experience with the depot. I even considered using my computer with an external USB mouse for the remainder of its life. But why am I getting a not totally functional "new" unit when I paid good money for it?

FedEx shipping is great. No complaints there. I was promised 2-day shipping, and it was delievered within the time frame. THIS is what a good business does.

LENOVO, on the other hand, processed my repair only to come up with a "Your PC is currently on hold due to a service parts shortage." Parts ETA in Sept.! Lenovo will hold my computer for another 2-3 months while I've only had it for less than 2 days. At this point, I paid for a product that is still more Lenovo's possession than it is mine. If this is how Lenovo does business, then I don't want it. Since you want your product so much, take it. Give me back my money. I'll take it to a company that actually earns it.

For those of you who have successfully escalated your case to get a refund, please share what you did. I want a full refund. None of that whatever% restocking fee. Why don't you restock my time wasted on dealing with this? If Lenovo cannot uphold such an exchange for a product still a month into warranty, then I want the laptop back on my doorstep in the next 2 days so I can obtain a fair tradeback with the reseller. I refuse to believe that it takes 3 months for a company specializing in computers to get computer parts. Either the same parts are scarce because of repeat defects or the repair department is still struggling with keeping inventory. Both reflect poorly on post-sales. This is unacceptable.

I look forward to hearing from the community. If Lenovo doesn't resolve this soon, then I look forward to resolving it through other legal means.

Options

126 Posts

05-07-2014

raleigh, nc

339 Signins

8975 Page Views

• Views: 8975
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: RETRACTING MY SUPPORT for Lenovo (Repair Complaint)

2014-06-27, 15:03 PM

Hello chshfu,

I apologize to you for this experience with the service repair center. Two months is certainly a long wait for computer parts and I would like to explore options with you. Please PM the following details to help better serve you:
Full name, best contact, address, email, Lenovo Order number, relevant case numbers
and machine type with serial number.

Best regards,

Bgriffin2

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Options

7 Posts

06-27-2014

USA

18 Signins

474 Page Views

• Message 3 of 14

Re: RETRACTING MY SUPPORT for Lenovo (Repair Complaint)

2014-06-28, 21:10 PM

If I'm not mistaken, it appears bgriffin2 has taken the necessary steps to escalate my case. Now I'm awaiting confirmation and response from someone able to authorize a refund/resolution.

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 4 of 14

Support

2014-07-01, 21:33 PM

Thanks for the update.   Please keep us posted... I know Byron is working hard to help out!

Mark

Options

7 Posts

06-27-2014

USA

18 Signins

474 Page Views

• Message 5 of 14

Re: Support

2014-07-05, 18:26 PM

Apparently, this forum has an automatic function where it prompts me with a "Did it solve your problem?" Apparently, it too finds it preposterous for a case to be left hangning for so long.

NO, my problem is not solved. Case is stuck on standstill at case manager level.

Options

7 Posts

06-27-2014

USA

18 Signins

474 Page Views

• Message 6 of 14

2014-07-05, 20:53 PM

Mark or Byron: Can someone enlighten me on the refund process for a laptop purchased through a retailer (ie. Costco, Best Buy, etc.) and not directly through Lenovo (ie. Lenovo Outlet)? I take that this isn't a typical refund since it has escalated to a case manager. This was not purchased through the Lenovo site and I don't have an account there, so you can't credit back into my account or credit card.

Am I correct to expect a check for the amount it was purchased (retail price + sales tax) in my mail within 7 business days?

Thanks for the attention.

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Message 7 of 14

2014-07-07, 17:18 PM

Chshfu,

I've checked and your case is with customer relations and based on your request for a refund, rather than replacement or other effort to repair, a proof of purchase is required.  Based on the case notes, Lenovo has not received a copy of your proof of purchase - where and when you purchased the system, and for how much.

I'm sure you can appreciate the need for this information.

Perhaps you have already sent it in, and your rep has just not received it?

I've updated the case and asked the rep to reconnect with you and see what can be done to get this and move forward.

Best regards,

Mark

Options

7 Posts

06-27-2014

USA

18 Signins

474 Page Views

• Message 8 of 14

2014-07-08, 1:30 AM

Proof of purchase was emailed to the rep on Sat 7/05/14 1:27 PM, so either she has not been working Monday morning or she has chosen to disregard it. Presenting the email and/or its contents to this forum and/or to you in a PM is not a problem for me because as per our agreement over the phone, the rep promised to initate the refund process if I could provide the proof of purchase. I have. And now I expect Lenovo to honor it. Reasonably, as in any other major retail store such as Macy's or Walmart, I have met all the requirements to qualify for an immediate refund.

If my rep cannot fulfill this request, then I will need to be escalated to her manager because I am aware that she has one according to Miles' last response in https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Is-there-really-anyone-working-in-Customer-Relations/td-p/1441273 .

As for your request for her to reconnect with me, she has not acted upon it either. But thank you for YOUR cooperation.

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Message 9 of 14

2014-07-08, 17:39 PM

chshfu,

Following up on this,  the agent has received your email and has called you today and let you know that things are proceeding as agreed.

Thanks for the PM and details - definitely helpful.

Best regards,

Mark

Options

7 Posts

06-27-2014

USA

18 Signins

474 Page Views

• Message 10 of 14

2014-07-09, 2:37 AM

I was the one to initiate the call, upon which I realized she hadn't even gotten to my email, but I suppose that's how it works with her. My laptop is on its way back to me, even though she said she ordered it to be held since we were waiting on a proof of purchase. It seems like I'll have to send the package back to Lenovo when it gets here and then wait for a refund to be processed. So after roudabout debacle of 3 weeks and counting, PLEASE assure I can actually get a refund or something sometime soon.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms