Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsGeneral Discussion
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-08-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 7

International Services Entitlement Useless?

2021-01-08, 20:39 PM

I purchased my computer in the US and paid extra for an "International Services Entitlement" since I travel a lot. Now I am in a country that has a Lenovo representative company and my computer is acting up. So I created a ticket for that country and got an email saying "My means that this machine belongs to USA in our system. We do not responsible for the region." Called customer service and got transferred in a circle for an hour. How do I get warranty repair in another country under my International Services Entitlement? Or was that just a waste of money? Certainly feels like it at the moment!

Options

10429 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32828 Signins

1219940 Page Views

• Views: 1219940
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:International Services Entitlement Useless?

2021-01-10, 13:07 PM

Hello and welcome to Community,

There should not be a need to purchase any warranty extension for international warranty unless you also ordered keep my drive and sealed battery warranty. You can check the location entitlement on the IWS lookup site https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/iwslookup IWS = International Warranty Service.
As long as your system type has been announced / sold in the country you are in there should be no issue if you are visiting or have located however should that not be the case IWS will not be available.

IWS Details
https://support.lenovo.com/solutions/ht505335

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

4 Posts

01-08-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-01-11, 11:12 AM

I do not understand the above response. I bought the international services entitlement when I purchased my laptop.

What has happened in the last few days was that no offical Lenovo representatives could/would help me, neither through the website or phone lines. They just transferred me around wasting hours of my time. 

I was referred to this page to find a service provider in my current country (Rwanda) but the information was out of date. https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/partnerlocator

When I emailed the only service provider listed for Rwanda, their email bounced. It was only when I called their phone number (which was in the UAE, not Rwanda) did the lady at the other end take responsibility to check with her contacts at Lenovo to find the current service provider. It was only through her kindness and initiative I have been able to contact the correct company, which I will list below in hopes of saving someone else this trouble:

SPARC

8th Floor M Plaza Building

KN4 AV10 M.PEACE

P.O. Box 694

Kigali Rwanda

Tel: +250 739 000 025

Email: info@sparcsystems.co.rw

Options

10429 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32828 Signins

1219940 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-01-12, 11:40 AM

Hello,

IWS is an automatic entitlement with ThinkPad systems, it is not something you need to purchase for the system but rather only the extra upgrades I mentioned.

I'm sorry you had difficulty finding a contact, I will request that the information available on the website be checked and corrected.

Andy

Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

4 Posts

01-08-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-02-10, 14:01 PM

Hi Andy -  I had to pay an additional fee for IWS when I bought this laptop. I was considering buying another before these problems so I know for a fact that when one purchase a laptop directly from Lenovo's US website (even now),  one has to pay an extra fee to add IWS. I specifically looked up that Lenovo has warranty coverage in Rwanda before purchasing.

So after 3 weeks of emailing Sparc Systems and them asking me to travel over 20 miles to come to their office in Kigali, they now tell me they only do the warranty on Lenovo servers, not laptops. So how do I find out who the Lenovo service provider for laptop warranties is in Rwanda? The information on https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/partnerlocator is wrong and this is getting ridiculous.... 

Options

10429 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

32828 Signins

1219940 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-02-11, 10:36 AM

Hello,

For clarity, IWS is an automatic entitlement on your system however, as stated, it is only necessary to purchase if you purchased one or more of the below optional noted upgrades;

International Upgrade

Extend your coverage to applicable optional services, including Sealed Battery Warranty, Keep Your Drive, and Accidental Damage Protection when travelling outside of your home country.

The below company will be able to assist you, they service both Think and Idea products

Symphony Rwanda Ltd.    Avenue de la paix, KN 4st   Rwanda    +250 788304642   

Andy

Lenovo eServices

Options

4 Posts

01-08-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-02-11, 12:30 PM

Thank you, I hope this provider is put on Lenovo's website directory in the future. If useful to anyone else, the email for this provider is [admin: email redacted]

It is incredible that it has taken well over a month with dozens of calls/emails and even being sent to the wrong office in Kigali it get this information, but appreciate you were able to find it Andy.

Admin note: email address removed to prevent spambots from gathering it

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms