Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Software and Operating SystemPre-Installed Lenovo Software and Applications
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-13-2013

Markham, ON

8 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 1 of 2

How to quickly force battery full-charge?

2013-01-13, 18:58 PM

I have W520 with Windows/7 (64).  I travel a lot.  While at home, I usually have my battery threshold set to start changing at 40%.  I normally run off of the adaptor & sleep my system between home and office.  The night before I'm about to head for the airport, I want a one-click way to tell my battery to charge to 100% immediately so I'll have a fully charged battery for the flight.  I know I can go to the power management tools and after a bunch of clicks get this done but I'd like a one-click desktop icon to do it all.  (Hey, I'm a lazy programmer! ) 

I tried exporting registry settings & I'm able to quickly import the battery threshold from an icon that way but that does not force the power management software to see the new settings.  How can I force the power manager to reread the registry settings and take action accordingly?    Even if I unplug, wait, plug again, the registry change still has no effect.  If I open the "Change Battery Charge mode/threshold" window (it shows my new settings) & close it, everything now takes affect.

The Power Manager toolbar has an option to access "Change Battery Charge Mode/Threshold" that's nice but I hate wasting space on my task bar with a fat toolbar.  Is that tool available as an separate command?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Options

2029 Posts

12-02-2007

Australia

9435 Signins

247288 Page Views

• Views: 247288
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: How to quickly force battery full-charge?

2013-01-13, 22:06 PM

The basic answer to all your questions is that there isn't any straightfoward way of doing what you desire.

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms