Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one vision
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

12-19-2020

India

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 10

Battery SOC(percentage) misbehaving

2020-12-19, 5:37 AM

I'm facing an issue with battery SOC and so battery life. First it seemed like battery is draining fast and I started with common battery related troubleshooting suggested by Motorola.( Observing and restricting apps that consume high battery based on the historical data )

With some restrictions, I charged 100%  battery SOC and let it discharge with normal use. Initially it worked fine and I assumed it is the issue of some particular app but then when SOC was 26% and I was listening offline music and I started my wifi to sync music and it suddenly dropped to 0.(check screenshot) My phone has wifi almost always on so I don't think it is some wifi chip issue.

I am thinking what should I pin point while troubleshooting further?

I'm feeling that my battery life is off since I updated November updated so I'm doubting that as well.

Screenshot_20201219-101741.png
Options

151 Posts

11-03-2019

Bulgaria

515 Signins

2098 Page Views

• Views: 2098
  • Message 2 of 10

Battery SOC(percentage) misbehaving

2020-12-19, 7:10 AM
It's possible to be the first indication that your battery is dieing. What happened when you connect the charger? Did it refill the first 26% faster than before or as always?
Options

3 Posts

12-19-2020

India

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

Re:Battery SOC(percentage) misbehaving

2020-12-19, 7:33 AM

I connected the charger at 0% and then charged it till 18%. Then I stopped charging. But then in next 2 hours battery SOC kept increasing without charger and it reached 43%! Attaching a screenshot.

Then it again started reducing normally. Now at 38%.

Screenshot_20201219-115336.png Screenshot_20201219-130330.png
Options

151 Posts

11-03-2019

Bulgaria

515 Signins

2098 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2020-12-19, 7:43 AM
I had exactly the same problem, but my phone was exposed at very cold weather for several hours and when I plugged it in the charger it refill the disappearing percentages very fast and continue to charge at a normal speed the rest.
Options

1554 Posts

08-15-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

524 Signins

13360 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 13360
  • Message 5 of 10

2020-12-19, 10:41 AM

If you are experiencing incorrect or inconsistent battery level, quick battery discharge, slow or erratic charging speeds, or sudden power off or rebooting, a battery calibration could correct the problem. To perform a battery calibration: Force reboot the device by holding the power button until the device reboots. Plug into supplied charger. Charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after getting to 100%.

Try it.

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■
Options

3 Posts

12-19-2020

India

2 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2020-12-24, 12:19 PM

Thanks for the reply.

1. I'm living in very normal temperatures. (16 to 30 degree celcius)

2. I have tried recalibrate the battery as you have explained. I have also factory reset my phone. But the issue is still present and happening everytime phone battery reaches around 25%.

I more unusual thing I'm observing in my phone is random screen flickering. It happens when I receive a call or start full volume music or start wifi or sometimes just very randomly while I'm using some app and screen is ON.

Options

151 Posts

11-03-2019

Bulgaria

515 Signins

2098 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2020-12-24, 14:28 PM
That doesn't sounds good. It's possible to be an indication that your battery is dying and has to be replaced with a new one. This is one of the first symptoms.
Options

151 Posts

11-03-2019

Bulgaria

515 Signins

2098 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2021-01-20, 18:12 PM
Since last week I also have a problem with the battery. If it reaches 15% it drops to 0% and turn off for 5 minutes every time. I did a battery calibration, but nothing. Is the battery under warranty with the same period of time like the phone or lesser? My phone is 14 months old.
Options

2436 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1130 Signins

46840 Page Views

• Views: 46840
  • Message 9 of 10

2021-01-22, 4:42 AM

@ Whywake wrote:

I' facing an issue with battery SOC and so battery life. First it seemed like battery is draining fast and I started with common battery related troubleshooting suggested by Motorola.( Observing and restricting apps that consume high battery based on the historical data )

With some restrictions, I charged 100%  battery SOC and let it discharge with normal use. Initially it worked fine and I assumed it is the issue of some particular app but then when SOC was 26% and I was listening offline music and I started my wifi to sync music and it suddenly dropped to 0.(check screenshot) My phone has wifi almost always on so I don' think it is some wifi chip issue.

I am thinking what should I pin point while troubleshooting further?

I' feeling that my battery life is off since I updated November updated so I' doubting that as well.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to know about this, Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier, and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps/software to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Thanks

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2436 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1130 Signins

46840 Page Views

• Views: 46840
  • Message 10 of 10

2021-01-22, 4:50 AM

@ Xan4eto wrote:

Since last week I also have a problem with the battery. If it reaches 15% it drops to 0% and turn off for 5 minutes every time. I did a battery calibration, but nothing. Is the battery under warranty with the same period of time like the phone or lesser? My phone is 14 months old.

Hi, 

Sorry to hear about this and thank you for updating your profile. We would like to investigate this further can you please share with us the bug report right after the device turned off. Charge the device turn it on and capture the bug report.

Please share with me Bug Reports, here are the steps:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the bug report on the forums in a reply.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards

Sandip 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms