12-12-2019

US

4 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 6

Huge Problem With Delivery and Customer Support

2019-12-12, 22:07 PM

I received someone else's order, no idea where mine is and wondering why this situation isn't being promptly handled as I wait for "upper management" (whomever that very general term may apply to).

On December 4th, at 11:55 PM PST I ordered the following:

A Moto Z4 (Unlocked) along with the free G6 Play and either a 360 Camera Mod or Polaroid Mod in the box.

I was kept notified during the process and yesterday at approximately 4:30 PM PST I was delivered a box from Motorola that I signed for. Almost immediately I knew something was wrong, the box seemed too small and the label stated 3 Lbs but the box definitely didn't weigh that much.

I opened the box and inside was a Moto Z3 and two accessories, along with a shipping invoice with a different name going to a different state (I am in California, this box was going to Virginia). While surprised that the warehouse/shipping department didn't bother to double check the shipping label correlates with the packing slip I decided that mistakes do happen and immediately called customer support.

I spoke to them and, after detailing the situation, was transferred to an Order Administrator (someone I assumed could rectify this large mistake). I redescribed the problem to him and he said that he would have to contact "upper management". I emailed him pictures of everything (the box, labels and items) and expected to hear back this morning. I called at around 5:00 PM PST and according to the incident report it was EST so I assumed that it was too late in the day for it to be handled and assumed that since this was quite a large oversight in delivery it would be addressed this morning.

Nothing.

I emailed back hour ago asking if there was any update or if they needed any further information.

Nothing.

Here I sit with someone else's order that I assume values at approximately 1/3 of my own, mine is possibly with him or maybe a dozen labels got mixed up. I don't know.

I do know that entire orders being mixed up is usually a little higher on the proverbial totem pole. What kind of customer support am I dealing with? Who is upper management? What do you want me to do with this guys order? Where is my order and when will I be receiving it? Am I supposed to wait for another person to decide they don't want my more expensive order and send it back once "upper management" contacts them back?

A person would normally believe that they would be contacted back the next day over something like this (honestly, would probably expect it get handled A.S.A.P. since I am sitting with someone else's merchandise and someone else is probably holding.mine).

So, at least can I find out when "upper management" will decide that a problem exists here?

Update #1: 24 hours has passed with no contact regarding my order or this gentleman's order.

191212-008430

Solved! See the solution
Options

13138 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1405 Signins

8890 Page Views

• Views: 8890
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Huge Problem With Delivery and Customer Support

2019-12-13, 3:24 AM

I brought your post to the attention of the forum managers. You should have a response from Motorola here by tomorrow on your thread. Sorry to hear what you're going through... 

Options

3 Posts

12-12-2019

US

4 Signins

67 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-12-13, 4:23 AM

Honestly, thank you for that. Hopefully this will all be worked out quickly and correctly.

Options

96 Posts

08-30-2018

US

536 Signins

9112 Page Views

• Views: 9112
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-12-13, 16:24 PM

Hello Uriadin,

I'm sorry to hear this has occurred. We have sent you an email regarding your order and we are happy to help you with this problem.  Please take a look at your email when you have a moment.

Best regards,

Becky

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

12-12-2019

US

4 Signins

67 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2019-12-13, 18:50 PM

Thank you for the prompt reply and from the messages it seems it has all been made right. I look forward to continuing to be a Lenovo and Motorola user, and thanks again.

Options

13138 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1405 Signins

8890 Page Views

• Views: 8890
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-12-13, 19:39 PM

Awesome! Glad to hear it's straightened out. Have a great weekend!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save