Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squibs
What's DOS?
Views: 60
Message 1 of 2

Ideapad 320 powers off during boot

Hi

A friend has asked me to look at his laptop as he's not very technical. It's an ideapad 320-15IKB and it starts to boot, gets to the Lenovo screen has the twirly circle for a few seconds then makes a weird beep sound and powers down. I can get it into the "preparing automatic repair" screen but again it runs for a few seconds beeps and powers off. I can hear the hard drive start to spin up when it first powers on.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 28
Message 2 of 2

Re: Ideapad 320 powers off during boot

Hi Squibs! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion! 

First of all, we're very sorry for the late reply. Please try doing a power drain https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/lpt000352?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and check if the laptop will boot up properly. 

If the issue persists, try the steps below: 

1. Access the BIOS page on the laptop, see the steps here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 on how to access it. 

2. Once the BIOS setup page is up, check the status of the hard disk drive under the Information tab and verify if it is still detected or not. 

3. Still inside the BIOS setup page, press the Fn+F9 keys or the F9 to load default settings and choose yes. Then press the Fn+F10 keys or the F10 key to exit saving changes. The laptop will reboot automatically and check it again. Update us back with the result. 

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors