Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joborule
Paper Tape
Views: 8,721
Message 1 of 40

ideapad 310-15ABR - Auto-Restarting Randomly

I'm having a problem with my laptop restarting randomly of late.

It's been ongoing for the past several weeks. Recently, my computer updated to the latest version of Windows 10. (Version 1709) I can't recall if it occurred prior to that. I believe this has started after that. But before that update, I did have to factory reset my computer in Novemeber after a failed graphics driver update.

It's not an issue I can trigger. It could happen shortly after stating up the computer, or it could occur after many hours being on.

I did a hardware scan through the Lenovo Vantage app, and everything came up okay aside from the motherboard scan, which failed on the USB test. (Result code: WMB008008-UN7VDL)

My computer is up-to date with the latest updates according to Lenovo Vantage and Windows Update.

Anyway, this is a very annoying issue. So any help that can be offered to resolve it is very appreicated.

Joborule
Paper Tape
Views: 8,589
Message 2 of 40

Re: ideapad 310-15ABR - Auto-Restarting Randomly

Any solutions?
wwrk
What's DOS?
Views: 8,517
Message 3 of 40

I have this exact same issue. It's really starting to get annoying. I can't work on important things on my laptop without having to save my work every five minutes because I am afraid of losing my work due to the random, suddent restarts.

Is there a way for me to get a new laptop to replace this defective one?

SAngiE
What's DOS?
Views: 8,466
Message 4 of 40

Hello all!

I bought my Ideapad 310-15ABR less than two months ago, and for the first month it has been a joy, but then it started restarting randomly. I use a fan, and the funny thing is - it restarts when I use Chrome and sometimes Youtube, not even any more demanding applications or programs. It gets back up very quickly and I usually don't lose anything important. I checked the problem in maintenance and it says it's code 124 (blue screen). 

It is brand new, and I keep it out of any dust... I mean, I use on the table (and a dust-free one)! And there hasn't been any physical damage to it.

I turned off Windows Update (automatic) and basically re-installed EVERYTHING, every single driver. Lenovo diagnostics says all 12 components work just fine.

What can this be?!

oa11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,420
Message 5 of 40

I have same issue. I bought mine in September 2017 and don't remember having any issues for the first 2-3 months. Recently (last 3-4 weeks?) having random restarts like mentioned in above posts, without any demanding application running.

I did a clean install about 4 days ago thinking it may be due to some software I have installed but it didn't help. I have another PC so I used this one only for a few hours after reinstall but random restart already happened twice since then, one just about 10 mins ago.

It happens like someone hit a reset button and I don't see any blue screen at all. 1-2 secs of black screen, then the Lenovo logo shows up and system starts up.

Machine is new and I keep it clean. I did a hardware scan and all look fine expect the motherboard->USB test which failed. (Result code: WMB008008-UN7WGD)

It is very annoying and I can't use this machine for any serious work because I don't know when it will restart again.

I am planning to ask for a replacement if this doesn't get solved soon.

SAngiE
What's DOS?
Views: 8,417
Message 6 of 40

Exactly! I thought it might be one of my USB ports or something... even though I see Windows logs these restarts as Blue Screen code 124, I never actually see the blue screen.

I've been restart-free for 2 days now (or is it a day?) - I re-installed graphic drivers, did a lot of driver clean up... but just like you I keep everything clean so...

stestesteste
Paper Tape
Views: 8,363
Message 7 of 40

This is precisely what is happening to me. I had no issues for over a year, however, buying mine xmas 2016, black friday special with an AMD A10 driver and 1TB. Only the past few months, crashing. I wasn't sure if that's what people meant by "random restart" but your explanation is exactly the same as mine. Any solution yet?

stestesteste
Paper Tape
Views: 8,363
Message 8 of 40

I am not sure if "random restart" is the same thing I am experiencing, but I think it is: I will turn on the computer. Anywhere from 10 minutes-5 hours later, I will be working (usually in a browser, launching another site, or just typing) and the screen just goes black. 2 seconds later, lenovo screen, login page, and computer pretends that nothing happened. Sometimes it never happens, sometimes it happens 2-3 times within an hour (!). Does anybody have a solution yet? 

SAngiE
What's DOS?
Views: 8,360
Message 9 of 40

Exactly that.

Well, I reinstalled all the drivers, checked every single thing I could... found god, started praying. I am now restart free (3 days), so something must've worked and I don't think it's god.

stestesteste
Paper Tape
Views: 8,358
Message 10 of 40

Did you do anything else besides reinstall the drivers? I am pretty -average- with my technical side of computers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors