Paper Tape
Views: 430
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo y50 fan very noisy

Hi all!
I'm new..

nice to meet u all!

i've a problem with my laptop.

sometimes the fan starts and start at very hight speed and its does very, very hight noise..

reading around this supp.Forum i've found that a BIOS upograde problem, but i've upgraded my BIOS (from v1 to v3.03) and the proble is alive.

any ideas? 

thx to all!

_Gianluca

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 409
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo y50 fan very noisy

hi Gianluca,

Welcome to the Forums.

If the BIOS v3.03 update that was released to fix the high pitch/clicking noise (as discussed in this thread) doesn't work for you then it's likely that the fan is malfunctioning especially if this happens right after you power up the machine.

In this case, I would recommend you contact the lenovo helpdesk and report the problem as you may need to send the unit for service.

Support phone list

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Pizzu
Paper Tape
Views: 406
Message 3 of 4

hi.. thx for answer.

yes, i red that topic many times (lol). Smiley Happy

Infact the problem now is a bit limitated.

cannot be the ramdom high temperature of all system?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 396
Message 4 of 4

hi,

Does the problem occur only when your inside Windows and while you're running graphics intensive apps? If yes then it's highly possible that the rise in CPU/GPU temperature causes the fan to spin loud but it should just be a loud wind noise.

If you're hearing  clicking/pulsating/grinding noise then that's not normal and may indicate that the fan is struggling in which most of the time, implies an imminent hardware failure. If this is the sound that you're getting then I would recommend you contact the lenovo helpdesk and report the problem so in case it gets worse, you already have a record and you can send the unit for warranty service.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors