Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahw
Paper Tape
Views: 885
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro black and flickering screen

A few weeks ago I bought a Lenovo Yoga 2 pro notebook and I´m very happy with it there´s just one thing..

After some time of working (it doesn´t matter what you do) the sreen turns dark and starts to flicker. when you move the couror via the touchpad you can stop it for a few seconds but as soon as you sto moving it it starts again. After about half a minute everything is over and it´s like it had never happened.

Has anybody an idea what i could do?

Thanks a lot!

Susido
Fanfold Paper
Views: 846
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro black and flickering screen

That periodical 5 - 30 seconds black flickering screen has tormented me on my Y2P ever since I upgraded to Windows 10. Just today in a Yoga 2 Pro tips discussion I read that the solution may be to disable Panel Self-Refresh in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel (Power -> On Battery). Too soon for me to tell if it works but I have my fingers crossed.

splus
Token Ring
Views: 805
Message 3 of 4

This is a well known issue with Intel's display drivers for Yoga 2 Pro in both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
Lenovo's customized Intel's display drivers don't even have Panel self refresh option, so the flickering doesn't happen.

Strangely enough, flickering never happens during video playback. For example, if you would have a chance to start video playback in a middle of the flickering this would stop it instantly, whereas the flickering would instantly resume if you stop or pause the video playback.
This would be a clear sign to both Lenovo and Intel what to fix in their drivers, but they never bothered doing it in 2 years...

Turning off the PANEL SELF REFRESH option in Intel display driver control panel, in Power settings, should definitely fix the flickering.

But since this option lowers the power consumption on battery for almost entire 1 watt, it's a noticeable tradeoff...

juampiblaumann
Paper Tape
Views: 417
Message 4 of 4

Hi. I have exactly the same problem as you mention. I tried updating the BIOS, as I read in another post but it didn´t work for me. I will now try with the option that is mentioned below. I tell how it goes. If anyone has a solution please inform! Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors