cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D3viceManager
Punch Card
Views: 1,227
Message 1 of 30

Moto G6 Plus XT-1926-7 : How to change Retail Channel?

I purchased 4 different Moto G6 Plus's with the Model Number XT-1926-7 Code Name : EVERT

I currentlty have #4 out of the 4 devices that will be returned/replaced because they have the Retail Channel as RETLA which is Retail Latin America and i need RETUS for Retail United States. The SIM Card should have decided the Retail Channel but did not.

Problems Occurring : When in WiFi, can't make or received calls, making calls takes forever, if it goes through. Received calls go to Voicemail and the LTE symbol is also NOT Lit, its grayed out. Now if i shut WiFi OFF, LTE Lights up. If i place or receive a call, LTE changes from GPRS to HSPS+ and then the device rings...

Any help switching the retail channel or gettings the right LTE Bands to work would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, i have flashed the US Firmware and it didnt change anything....

I was thinking perhaps a BlankFlash by Motorola and Flash a Fresh Factory Image over it may do the trick?

Thanks in advance,

TJ

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,182
Message 2 of 30

Re: Moto G6 Plus XT-1926-7 : How to change Retail Channel?

@D3viceManager wrote:

I purchased 4 different Moto G6 Plus's with the Model Number XT-1926-7 Code Name : EVERT

I currentlty have #4 out of the 4 devices that will be returned/replaced because they have the Retail Channel as RETLA which is Retail Latin America and i need RETUS for Retail United States. The SIM Card should have decided the Retail Channel but did not.

Problems Occurring : When in WiFi, can't make or received calls, making calls takes forever, if it goes through. Received calls go to Voicemail and the LTE symbol is also NOT Lit, its grayed out. Now if i shut WiFi OFF, LTE Lights up. If i place or receive a call, LTE changes from GPRS to HSPS+ and then the device rings...

Any help switching the retail channel or gettings the right LTE Bands to work would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, i have flashed the US Firmware and it didnt change anything....

I was thinking perhaps a BlankFlash by Motorola and Flash a Fresh Factory Image over it may do the trick?

Thanks in advance,

TJ

No, SIM card does not decide retail channel. This is decided at factory when phone firmware is installed. There is no way to change it. 

Discussions of flashing and modding are not allowed on this forum. Please take those questions to other forums that cater to modding. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
D3viceManager
Punch Card
Views: 1,169
Message 3 of 30

Well then it seems to be a device issue. I purchased a XT-1926-7 International Model and its not on the right Retail Channel because i am not getting the advirtised LTE Bands....a bunch of XT-1926-7 must have gotten mixed up and either flashed on the wrong firmware or placed in the wrong Packaging.  This needs to be LOOKED INTO....

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,165
Message 4 of 30

@D3viceManager wrote:

Well then it seems to be a device issue. I purchased a XT-1926-7 International Model and its not on the right Retail Channel because i am not getting the advirtised LTE Bands....a bunch of XT-1926-7 must have gotten mixed up and either flashed on the wrong firmware or placed in the wrong Packaging.  This needs to be LOOKED INTO....

I don't know of any single international version. Motorola sells different versions for different regions. 

Where did you purchase from? If you purchased from an unauthorized reseller, then you are likely getting a gray market phone from another region that someone is calling international. 

From all of seen, if you purchase in the region the phone is intended for, you get the appropriate firmware. If you need a USA model phone, you should buy from a USA retailer like Motorola directly. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
D3viceManager
Punch Card
Views: 1,160
Message 5 of 30

There is 1 XT-1926-7 model correct?

D3viceManager
Punch Card
Views: 1,178
Message 6 of 30

Motorola just doesnt seem like they wanna help

D3viceManager
Punch Card
Views: 1,163
Message 7 of 30

And the (1) XT-1926-7 SHOULD have all the same LTE Bands, No?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,156
Message 8 of 30

@D3viceManager wrote:

There is 1 XT-1926-7 model correct?

I don't know. There could be multiples of that number. Motorola sometimes uses the same model number in different regions. There is no G6 Plus in the USA, so whatever model you buy, since it is not a USA model device, you would have to ensure that the bands for GSM/LTE match your carrier. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,138
Message 9 of 30

Motorola official policy is that consumers should purchase phones for and from the region they are designed for. 

If you are a USA customer, you should be purchasing USA Motorola products. 

there is no way to convert a non-USA phone to USA specs. 

D3viceManager
Punch Card
Views: 1,124
Message 10 of 30

The XT-1926-7 is a International Device and says it covers LTE Bands 2,4,5,12, and 66 and the Device Doesnt cover the ADVIRTISED LTE BANDS for the stated model #!!! What dont you understand?

Top Kudoed Authors