02-05-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto G8 plus intermitent dropout on incoming calls

2020-02-05, 4:44 AM

My G8 Plus cuts off incomming calls every couple of minutes. Only occurs on incomming calls, if i ring back I can stay on the call for 30 minutes and no problems. Phone doesn't shut down or lose screen, just terminates the incomming call. Happens in full signal strengths areas and phone is fully charged. SIM is one that's been in an E6 Plus without this problem. Looked hi and low, if I can't solve will have to change brands

Options

1265 Posts

03-11-2019

US

526 Signins

36335 Page Views

• Views: 36335
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G8 plus intermitent dropout on incoming calls

2020-02-05, 14:41 PM

Hi HCTAS,

Thanks for posting. How long does the phone last before dropping and if it does drop every call? May I know the service provider of your phone? Have you tried reaching out to them for assistance or make sure that the service is properly set up on your phone?   Please update your profile with your phone, carrier and IMEI -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

02-05-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-02-06, 1:17 AM

Thanks Zac

Yes have checked carrier settings, AFAICT they are OK. Incoming calls disconnect (with a disconnect tone) about every couple of minutes. Phone is sitting flat on a table or similar with no movement or contact. I once noticed the disconnect occured at the same time as an incoming message (default message app) All other times there is no visible concurrent event.

Have update profile info but cannot find 'Motorola Privacy' in settings

Options

1265 Posts

03-11-2019

US

526 Signins

36335 Page Views

• Views: 36335
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-02-06, 14:40 PM

Hi HCTAS,

Is this happening on regular calls, Wi-Fi calling or both? 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save