cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
logjammin
Paper Tape
Views: 377
Message 1 of 5

T470 - Yellow-Purple Blotch in Corner of Display (IPS 1920x1080)

Hey Lenovo Boards,

I've had my otherwise excellent T470 for a little over a year now. Lately, though (not sure precisely how long), this blotch of yellow and purple has appeared in the bottom-left corner of the display and doesn't go away. It's especially noticeable on a white background. It's getting bothersome.

I've attached three pictures here. What do you think it is? I got the nice 3 year warranty with accidental damage and everything, so I'm pretty sure I'd be alright if I took it to the local Lenovo repair center. But all the same, I'm wondering if any of you recognize the issue. 

Thanks in advance, and if you need any more info from me, don't hesitate to ask! 

2018-05-14 19_07_56-Photo - Google Photos.png2018-05-14 19_08_27-Photo - Google Photos.png2018-05-14 19_08_43-Photo - Google Photos.png

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 367
Message 2 of 5

Re: T470 - Yellow-Purple Blotch in Corner of Display (IPS 1920x1080)

That is certainly panel damage.  It will need to be replaced.  Most of the time, that kind of problem is due to physical damage (pressure), but with accidental damage coverage, it doesn't matter.  Call support; in U.S., it is 1-800-426-7378.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
logjammin
Paper Tape
Views: 352
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the quick reply, Richk. I'm calling Lenovo now, but I'm curious: I baby this laptop. What sort of "pressure" induces this sort of damage? The machine mostly stays in my office, and when I carry it somewhere I have it in an otherwise empty backpack that has its own separate laptop compartment. Nothing ever sits on it or squeezes it. I went back to Lenovo T series machines in large part for their reputed toughness; I'd hate for this to be a common occurrence. 

Thanks again!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 340
Message 4 of 5

I didn't say it WAS pressure.  I said that pressure was the most common cause.  I would need to inspect to be sure.  It could be caused if the lid were closed with something on the keyboard.  Sometimes a panel is just defective and the layers de-laminate. 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
logjammin
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 5 of 5

Gotcha! Thanks again for your time and great help. Machine is on the way to depot service on Friday, once I can secure a backup laptop to use while it's out. Be well!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors