Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgoodkinn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 268
Message 1 of 4

T480 dying around 50% battery?

I have been having issues with my battery on my T480 lately. I will have the laptop running around 50% battery and sometimes try to restart it but when I do, the laptop will not power back up. The Lenovo bios screen will post but when the Windows 10 circle starts spinning the computer fully shuts itself off and loses power and I cannot turn it back on until I plug the charger in, but when Windows loads it says I have battery.

Yesterday I was using the laptop and when it went from 50 to 49% battery the laptop fully died and shut off and would not power on again until I plugged in the charger, yet showed 49% battery when Windows loaded again.

I have been working out in the cold with my laptop and I am not sure if that is or has affected it some how but I can't keep having these types of issues when I need to be able to use my computer in the field. I know Lenovo used to have a tool to reset and deplete and recharge the battery, does this still exist? I ran the diagnostic tool but it finished instantly saying both batteries were fine with a time on the diagnostic of 0 seconds. Not sure if there is another tool I can be using to try and get this working properly again.

Guru
Views: 241
Message 2 of 4

Re: T480 dying around 50% battery?

I wonder if your battery is not calibrated correctly?  The application you are talking about for resetting the battery is called Vantage.  See below.  It will give you information about the battery such as design capacity, current capacity and charge cycles plus the ability to reset the battery guage.  You can get the app from Microsoft store.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT505081

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

kgoodkinn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 225
Message 3 of 4

Thank you I will try this next.

Guru
Views: 210
Message 4 of 4

The app should also provide condition of the battery.  Good, poor etc...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors