Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimoRo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,524
Message 1 of 7

T580 + Ultra Dock: mouse keeps freezing and reconnecting

I got my new T580 today, and with it the Ultra Docking Station.

It generally works fine except for some minor issues with my monitor still needing DVI, but that is easily solveable.

The one big issue I have with it is my mouse:

Moving it in circles shows freezes every few seconds, for up to a few seconds at a time! The mouse is practically unuseable as it is.

It's a Logitech G500 mouse. Connecting it to one of the Laptops USB ports works makes it work just fine.

Connecting one of our cheap default Microsoft mice to the dock also works just fine, but I'd really rather use my Logitech.

I tried updating all the firmwares and drivers(OS in use is Windows 10 64bit), but nothing made any difference.

The mouse is not only freezing, but judging by the constant device disconnect/connect sounds also completely reconnects every like 30-60 seconds. Using a USB event viewer confirmed that it is indeed the mouse being reconnected.

TimoRo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,477
Message 2 of 7

Re: T580 + Ultra Dock: mouse keeps freezing and reconnecting

As it turns out, even my standard Microsoft office mouse has the same issue, albeit a lot less frequently.
It freezes maybe once every 10-20 minutes. Still super annoying.

Every other device so far has worked flawlessly on the dock. Is this something a future firmware update might fix?
AirVetra
Paper Tape
Views: 1,397
Message 3 of 7

The same for me with X1 Carbon gen 6 - freezes not often and sometimes disappear but sometimes continue and annoying...

Depend on the sequence - sleep dock undock reboot...

TimoRo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,341
Message 4 of 7

System Update gave me a Firmware Update for my Thunderbolt Controler today:
"Thunderbolt Firmware Update Tool for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Build_20180522-N27TF13W"

My mouse now works fine when plugged into the dock.

No idea if it's related to that, or some other update, since I installed a few more today. This seems like the most likely candidate for me.

Make sure not to sololey rely on System Update, since a lot of updates, including the latest BIOS Update to 1.13, was not in there, and I downloaded it manually instead.

I also at some point went ahead and downloaded all the firmware updates for the dock itself, even though they all are supposedly the initial release version. Most of them did still perform an update, which probably also helped improve the situations.

Anyway, for anyone with the same issue, at least on my T580 with the new Side-Dock, it now seems solved for me.

Len
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,182
Message 5 of 7

Hi Timo,

Has your issue come back since your last post?

I also have an occassional issue where any mouse, including the trackpoint or pad, will freeze as soon as the mouse is idle for a fraction of a second.  After a short mouse idle time, moving the mouse has no affect for a couple seconds, and then the mouse responds as it should, until it is idle again.

I have a docking station also, but this has happened with and without the dock.  All the latest drivers.

Len

AirVetra
Paper Tape
Views: 1,169
Message 6 of 7

With my X1C Gen 6 and Ultra Docking Station I unfortunately has the same issue sometimes - I've not find the cause but mostly while rebooting with the dock connecting I will get mouse freezing every 8-10 seconds for some micro period (less then a second) but it's very annoing... What stops it also isn't clear - rebooting, disconnecting - don't know:-(

fuzz10
What's DOS?
Views: 776
Message 7 of 7

Yep. New T580 here , with USB-C dock.   Same issues.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors