Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwb
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 17,415
Message 1 of 9

X1 Carbon 6th Gen Ethernet Adapter

Hi guys,

could someone help me out with the part number of the above mentioned accessory and/or any other information on how to order it? Apparently I forgot to include it when configuring my machine and all I can find now in Lenovo's online shop are generic thunderbolt/USB-C ethernet adapters.

Guru
Views: 17,405
Message 2 of 9

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen Ethernet Adapter

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.lenovoquickpick.com/usa/system/thinkpad/x-series/x1-carbon-6th-generation#accessory/70066

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

pwb
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 17,402
Message 3 of 9

That seems to be it, at least the Google results look promising. However when I follow your link and click on shop, it says "The page you are looking for cannot be found."

Seems to be unavailable over here. Most shops that come up in the Google results list it as currently unavailable too. Sigh.

But thanks, at least I know what to look for now.

Guru
Views: 17,395
Message 4 of 9

I believe thats the right part.  Check the options list below.  Once you click on the link scroll down until you see Thinkpad, ThinCenter....Option Compatability Matrix.  That is a link to an excel spreadsheet that shows all the compatible options for thinkpads.  I just noticed i think you are in Germany?  Its not available for sale in the US either.  It just says call Lenovo.  Maybe you could call Lenovo over there?

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

ocm.JPG

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 17,363
Message 5 of 9

Well spotted green5178  Smiley Happy

Possible US (temporarily out of stock...) and German sources.  I'm not endorsing either vendor.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6468130

https://ok1.de/ThinkPad-Zubehoer/Kabel-Adapter/ThinkPad-Ethernet-Extension-Adapter-4X90Q84427::1418....

[edit]  The 4X90Q84427 part # seems correct, but the image on the German site looks like the older Gen 1 dongle, not the one for the X1CG6/X280.  Please verify the correct part # with vendor(s) before making a purchase.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

mdmower
Punch Card
Views: 16,571
Message 6 of 9

The last two versions of the options compatibility matrix (March and April 2018) have listed 4X90Q84427 as the right ethernet adapter for 20KG and 20KH, so I think that's correct. The U.S. page for the adapter (https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/cables-and-adapters/adapters/CABLE-BO-Etherne...) was available until a few days ago, but then mysteriously disappeared. The Australian page is still up, and maybe some other regions, too. Luckily, I put in my order before the U.S. page went down (I even found a 30% off coupon that worked!) and was really surprised to get a shipping update two days ago. When I looked closer, I noticed the part is being shipped directly from HK. I'm betting there was a manufacturer's delay in getting these adapters ready. Maybe they are finished now and will be ramping up production. I'd keep a lookout for them in your respective regions (and maybe at your favorite retailers) by late April.
pzsf
What's DOS?
Views: 16,494
Message 7 of 9

The part number for the adapter printed on the packet is SC10P42352, which comes up on AliExpress, https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32860142251.html

The dongle is an RJ45 to mini-RJ45 adapter.

If it's of help to others, it wasn't obvious to me, but the laptop comes with a little blanking plug pushed into the mini-RJ45 slot, just in front of the second USB-C port, you have to prize it out with eg a small screwdriver.

BrianSu
HDMI
Views: 15,890
Message 8 of 9

Somehow it feels like 'mini RJ45' is a term that the Chinese vendors have come up with. I believe this is a Lenovo proprietary Ethernet connector. There isn't a 'mini RJ45' on the official standard.

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen), ASUS PG27UQ Quantum Dot UHD 4K HDR 144 Hz Monitor
Ravenstein
Punch Card
Views: 1,570
Message 9 of 9

agree with BrainSu, that the interface not "so-called" mini RJ45!

I was curious and searched down here...

In fact, this port & dongle at X1 caron is not practical, a simple USB-C or USB3 3.0 dongle will be much less cost than the Thinkpad (proprietary) dongle! Thus it will be less market demand. If Lenovo really want to promote this, it must have more added value!

A more practical solution would be change to a USB-C port or even a USB 3 port. or even eliminate it as clean & tidy. WiFi is so popular now, for business user, company always has docking station...

If the design mind could go even further, it would be nice to has the switch-on/off button at side, and current on/off button as finger print, leave the finger reader clear out from the touch pad block, it will be looking much cleaner and unified(the current finger reader area will be greasy look and worn our fast)!

Sure there are more bold ideas!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors