01-10-2016

GB

15 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 1 of 5

yogabook Apps continously crashing

2018-01-27, 21:09 PM

I'm hoping there is a solution to this as the tablet is very shortly destined to exit one of my household windows at a great rate of knots! 

Ever since upgrading to nougat (a long while ago now), a number of apps on my tablet have no longer worked. They either force close imediately or after a few seconds of running. Each time it's with the error message "*app name* keeps stopping" then an option to restart app or report it.

all these apps worked flawlessly before updating. it's reduced the functionality of my tablet down to internet browsing and boom beach all of which i could do on a tablet 1/8th of the cost. initially I decided to give things some time for patches and subsiquent updates to be released etc......they never came

there doesnt seem to be a theme to the failing apps either (other than they are the whole reason i want to use a tablet). here's a few just to give you an idea of the issue. google play games, parrot freeflight pro, photoshop touch, collect 360 editor, snapseed, powerdirector, EETV and many more, all refuse to run on the tablet any more.

ever since I upgraded I've been trying to solve this issue, days and days spent trawling the internet for answers, i've tried all sorts inclusive of factory resets, app re-installations amongst other things and so far nothing has worked. I've 'well and truly come to my wits end with it and I'm afraid the tablets going to have to go if i cant solve this, pointless having a device that can't run apps!

Please tell me someone else has encountered this and you've got a way to fix it?!

This maybe coincidental/un-related but also noticed that almost every app in the app store said "may not be optimised for your device" as soon as I'd upgraded (and still continues too) yet my xperia phone (older than the tablet and also running nougat) shows nothing (all apps still working on phone too!!)

Options

1 Posts

08-09-2019

GB

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: yogabook Apps continously crashing

2019-08-09, 6:39 AM

wrote:

I'm hoping there is a solution to this as the tablet is very shortly destined to exit one of my household windows at a great rate of knots! 

Ever since upgrading to nougat (a long while ago now), a number of apps on my tablet have no longer worked. They either force close imediately or after a few seconds of running. Each time it's with the error message "*app name* keeps stopping" then an option to restart app or report it.

all these apps worked flawlessly before updating. it's reduced the functionality of my tablet down to internet browsing and boom beach all of which i could do on a tablet 1/8th of the cost. initially I decided to give things some time for patches and subsiquent updates to be released etc......they never came

there doesnt seem to be a theme to the failing apps either (other than they are the whole reason i want to use a tablet). here's a few just to give you an idea of the issue. google play games, parrot freeflight pro, photoshop touch, collect 360 editor, snapseed, powerdirector, EETV and many more, all refuse to run on the tablet any more.

ever since I upgraded I've been trying to solve this issue, days and days spent trawling the internet for answers, i've tried all sorts inclusive of factory resets, app re-installations amongst other things and so far nothing has worked. I've 'well and truly come to my wits end with it and I'm afraid the tablets going to have to go if i cant solve this, pointless having a device that can't run apps!

Please tell me someone else has encountered this and you've got a way to fix it?!

This maybe coincidental/un-related but also noticed that almost every app in the app store said "may not be optimised for your device" as soon as I'd upgraded (and still continues too) yet my xperia phone (older than the tablet and also running nougat) shows nothing (all apps still working on phone too!!)

My device has stopped loading 2 games now in the last 3 months. I have tried everything other than resetting the tablet.

Options

4 Posts

03-12-2010

US

5 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 3 of 5

Re: yogabook Apps continously crashing

2019-12-27, 2:52 AM
Same here, first it was the downloading issue but lately I've noticed this problem with apps working. I'm heading over to XDA to see about rolling back to Android v6 ;/
Options

1 Posts

04-13-2020

SE

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 5

Re:yogabook Apps continously crashing

2020-04-13, 19:16 PM
Yep. Year 2020 and haven't been able to run a lot of the apps anymore. Decided to invest on a more expensive tablet to last longer, not worthy
Options

1 Posts

06-13-2020

GB

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:yogabook Apps continously crashing

2020-06-13, 10:30 AM
I have the same problem. I did the system update and since then certain apps do not work. I can download them but they either give me a grey screen or crash on the loading screen. If I touch screen it comes up with the same messege saying "app gas closed" no games seem to work at all. Facebook won't but the Facebook lite app does so I wonder if it's something to do with the processing. I've done a hard reset multiple times and taken all apps off but it still won't open any games. Mine still works for web browsing and certain drawing apps. But I'm not sure what else I can do to fix it. I once contacted Lenovo support and was told to wait for next update. That was over 8 months ago. Still no update.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete